How can I know if my walls are cavity walls?
The easiest way to determine if a wall is suitable for cavity wall insulation is to have a look at the wall construction type by looking into the ESB Meter Box (if it is located on an external wall)
Our surveyors will determine if we can inject ‘EnviroBead’ Bonded Bead into the wall ~ At no cost!
How can I be sure that my walls have been 100% filled with insulation?
All of our installers are approved under the NSAI (National Standards Association of Ireland). Once the drilling pattern is completed to NSAI specification, we can guarantee that the walls have been 100% filled with injected ‘EnviroBead’
We have a list of professional contractors who can carry out a ‘Thermal Imaging Survey’ of your property to ascertain the effectiveness of the insulation.
What happens if I wish to do work on my wall after having cavity wall insulation installer?
We inject our ‘EnviroBead’ cavity wall insulation into the wall with glue. The ratio of bead to glue is very important, and our trained installation crews check and record this ratio at the start of every job.
What paper records is the homeowner left with after cavity wall insulation.
We issue the homeowner with our ‘technical data sheet’. This sheet shows the bead and glue batch numbers, along with the recorded ratios. We also issue a copy of the NSAI Cert for ‘EnviroBead’ Bonded Bead.
What happens if I live in a semi detached property?
Assuming that your neighbour’s property has not previously had cavity wall insulation installed, our trained installers will insert a ‘cavity brush’ into the division of the two properties. The ‘cavity brush’ is similar to a length of heavy duty Christmas Tinsel. This remains in the wall once installed.
What happens on the day of the installation?
Our ‘EnviroBead’ technician will call to your home, before commencing work they will identify themselves as an authorised installer. EnviroBead installers must present you with an identification card bearing their photo.
- The team will consult the pre audit check-sheet and compose a drill pattern for your home.
- They will then drill a series of 22mm holes in the outer leaf (block-work) of your property according to the drill pattern.
- If you have a brick facade the holes will be drilled in the mortar joints to minimise the aesthetic impact on your property.
- When the drilling is complete the team will commence filling the cavity. When the filling process is complete the installers will block up the drilled holes with a white cement putty. This will require painting in a few days to restore the property to pre-installation condition.
- If you wish to see for yourself the result of the installation ask the installer to show you the EnviroBead in the cavity before they blocks the drill holes. The installation team will then pack up their equipment and leave your home as they found it.
Is it necessary to work inside my home to install ‘EnviroBead’ cavity wall insulation in an existing dwelling?
Not generally, the installation of ‘EnviroBead’ is a non intrusive process and you will not be disturbed in your home. However, there can be reason to drill the cavity from the inside (or outside through an open bedroom window). This will be identified on site by our sales representative on the initial site visit.
The installation team will need to check the operation of your heating system before and after installation. This is a legal requirement and is necessary to ensure your safety.
My attic space is very low… how do you insulate these?
We offer two solutions to attic insulation (Rolled or Blown-in insulation). For very low attics, we can blow in mineral wool insulation into the attic space. Are installers are trained technicians, and will fill the attic space to the pre-determined depth of insulation.
What is the required depth of insulation for an attic space?
Attic insulation is (generally) measured in U-Value. The current requirements for insulation is 0.13 W/MSqK. This equates to 300mm of insulation in the attic.
Can I still use my attic for storage?
Yes! We have to keep a walkway open from the existing attic hatch to the water tank. We can also supply and fit a raised attic floor ~ We install additional 6inch joists in the attic, insulate between the new joists, and install a new floor.